MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
SCHOOL-BASED MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Let us help your student(s) right in their
school setting with our expertise in
Telehealth has been found to be as or more effective for most children and adolescents.
Emotionally healthy students are:
- More likely to have less difficulty engaging in learning and school activities.
- Have supportive and caring connections with adults and young people.
- Use appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate positive/pro-social behaviors.
Between 12 and 22 percent of school-aged children and youth have a diagnosable mental health disorder. Youth spend a significant amount of time in school and academic environments play an increasingly critical role in supporting these students. Schools provide a safe, non-stigmatizing, and supportive natural environment which is often preferred by youth for addressing emotional health needs. In fact, adolescents are more comfortable accessing health care services through school-based clinics and like the idea of accessing services in a single location.
Benefits of School-Based Mental Health Services:
- Mental health servies in schools help students achieve academically, build social skills, leadership, self-awareness, and caring connections to adults in their school and community.
- Schools that collaborate with community partners enhance the academic success of students
- These partnerships significantly improve schoolwide truancy.
- Discipline rates, increase the rates of high school graduation, and help create a positive school environments.