No referral is needed for our mental health services!
Make Your First Appointment
Whether you’re interested in counseling or assessment services at Behavioral Health Clinic, the first steps are right at your fingertips.
Before making your appointment, remember to view our accepted insurance plans and contact your insurance carrier to verify your benefits for out-patient mental health services. We also accept self-pay clients. Learn more about our self-pay bundle.
Once you’re ready to make an appointment, view our team page to find the mental health care provider you would like to see, or contact us today and we will help pair you with a counselor fit for your needs.
Prepare for Your First Visit
Verify Your Coverage
- Verify your coverage and co-pay
- Obtain a copy of your insurance card, if possible.
- Verify HSA compatibility (if paying with a health savings account)
Complete Your Paperwork
Attend Your First Appointment
It’s normal to feel anxious before your first appointment. You are in good hands with our expert counselors. Here’s what you can expect at your first appointment:
- Your counselor will introduce themselves, go over your forms, and get to know more about you and why you are there.
- Your counselor will ask questions to gain an understanding of your background, current mental state, and issues impacting your quality of life. The more open and honest you can be, the better.
- Together with your counselor, you will establish a list of goals that you both agree would be beneficial to address the issues you are experiencing.
Schedule Your Next Appointment
Ongoing appointments are necessary to continue addressing issues as they come up, monitoring your progress on goals you’ve set with your counselor, and more.
Talk to your counselor about the best session schedule for your needs. Whether you’d like to come in twice a week, monthly, as-needed, or develop a custom schedule, our staff can work to set you up with a routine you can feel good about.